A few words about us:
When the first Church started, it was in response to the love of Jesus. We don’t know how many people were in the first Church, but numbers did not matter. What mattered most were people living out the call of Christ in community and love. OVERCOME CHURCH strives to be a church that is a light to a broken world.
- Overcome exists to open up our minds to the truth of Jesus Christ. We do that through sound biblical teaching.
- We desire everyone experiences a relationship with Jesus. One way we deepen that relationship is through passionate worship.
- We know that an authentic walk with Christ means to follow and serve Him with everything we are. We fulfill that walk by mission and serving our communities.
- We have a vision that the Church can be the Body of Christ. That happens when we foster genuine relationships and community with one another.
- Overcome Church truly seeks to be like the first Church in Acts 2. We proclaim we are imperfect people resting in the perfect love of Jesus.
Overcome Church is truly something A LOT different than what most are seeking. If you want a church you can call family, who cares about one thing, which is serving people, then you should give us a try. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
GOD THE FATHER
We believe God created us in His image because He first loved us. Even when we didn’t love Him, God remained faithful to us. Moses, Abraham, Hagar, Jacob, Isaac, and so many more have experienced a God that would not abandon them but instead helped them OVERCOME their fears within their deepest valleys through love. Most of all, we know God loves us unconditionally, and He proves His love for us by giving His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, for the forgiveness of our sins! “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
JESUS THE SON
We believe that God was born into the person of Jesus Christ. It is through Jesus that God chose to redeem the world. Through the teachings, miracles, and life of Jesus, we understand that a life of forgiveness, grace, and mercy is at the heart of our Lord. His death on the cross and resurrection from the tomb shows us many things: that death has no dominion over us any longer sin has no power over us any longer Because of that, we have access to a loving God and eternal life. "But God showed great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." Romans 5:8
THE HOLY SPIRIT
We also believe that Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit that lives and breathes within us all. The Holy Spirit is the very presence of Jesus in our lives. That Holy Spirit, through forgiveness, guidance, and grace, now helps us overcome the temptation to sin every day. We are not alone in our daily struggles, but we have One that helps us overcome life! "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we should pray for, but the Spirit intervenes through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God." Romans 8:26:27