Overcome Church is a movement to make the old story new again. The early church was a movement of people that:
- fellowshipped together,
- prayed together,
- broke bread together,
- cared for each other,
- and met the needs of those around them.
The early church, in the book of Acts (2), was a movement of people, not a building. They were on a mission to mature and grow in the faith “and the Lord added to their number, daily.”
That is the call, mission and purpose of Overcome Church – to make the old story new again!
Although the modern church has become about a building and a place to gather, we must remember the cornerstone is Jesus and the foundation is the believers. Before Overcome Church puts the first brick and mortar together we are focused on cementing the foundation of the church with the people!
- We want to connect people with the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- We desire to cultivate communities of believers that are committed to study, prayer and mission.
- We value real-time relationships that bear fruit for the “Kingdom come, on earth as it is in heaven.”
So join us as the old story becomes new again, and together we will write a new chapter for the Kingdom of God! We are OVERCOME!
Our story is powerful, because it originates from the heart of God, and is connected to His people.
Overcome church was born out of the story of love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ. We all have a story. Our chapters are written each and every day. These chapters are filled with valleys and mountain tops, and everything in-between. However we know one thing is for certain… Jesus wants to write a NEW story in your life. It is a story that will help you find purpose, meaning, and fulfillment like you have never known before.
Join us, as we all let God write a new story in our hearts!
Overcome Church is a movement to make the old story of the Acts 2 church new again through community, connection and relationships all in the name of Jesus.
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. Acts 2:42-47 NIV
When the first church started it was in response to the love of Jesus. We don’t really know how many people were in the first church, but numbers did not matter. What mattered most were people living out the call of Christ in community and love. This is exactly what OVERCOME CHURCH strives to be and more.
- Overcome exists to open up our minds to the truth of Jesus Christ. We do that through sound biblical teaching.
- We desire that everyone experiences a relationship with Jesus. One way we deepen that relationship is through passionate worship.
- We know that a real walk with Christ means to follow and serve Him with everything we are. We fulfill that walk through mission and serving our communities.
- We have a vision that church can be the Body of Christ. We believe that happens when we foster real relationships and community between one another.
Overcome Church truly seeks to be like the first church in Acts 2. We proclaim we are imperfect people resting in the perfect love of Jesus.
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
“The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” John 1:5 NIV
We have beliefs that shape who we are, what we say, and what we do. These come straight from the heart of God and resonate truth in our spirit. They have changed our lives and we know they can change your life too!
1. WE BELIEVE IN A LOVING GOD: We believe that God created us in His image, because He first loved us. Even when we didn’t love Him, God remained faithful to us. Moses, Abraham, Hagar, Jacob, Isaac, and so many more have experienced a God that would not abandon them, but instead helped them OVERCOME their fears within their deepest valleys through love.
Most of all, we know God loves us unconditionally, and He proves His love for us by giving His one and only Son, Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins! “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
2. WE BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST: We believe that God was born into the person of Jesus Christ. It is through Jesus that God chose to redeem the world. Through the teachings, miracles, and life of Jesus we understand that a life of forgiveness, grace and mercy is at the heart of our Lord.
His death on a cross and resurrection from the tomb shows us many things:
- that death has been overcome
- the grave has been overcome
- sin has been overcome
Because of that we have access to a loving God and eternal life. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8
3. WE BELIEVE IN THE HOLY SPIRIT: We also believe that Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit that lives and breathes within us all. The Holy Spirit is the very presence of Jesus in our lives. That Holy Spirit through forgiveness, guidance, and grace now helps us overcome the temptation to sin each and every day. Now we are not alone in our day to day struggles, but have One that helps us overcome this thing called life! In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. Romans 8:26:27
You might have questions about your own faith or walk with God. Questions allow us to engage our mind, incorporate our experience, think about our tradition and search the scriptures for the truth that ultimately deepens our walk with the Lord and strengthens our faith journey.Learn More